OSP Technician - Fort Jackson
||Fort Jackson, SC
|CBA Wage Category:
||Telecommunications Mechanic I
||Regular Full TIme
|Security Clearance Status:
||Active and/or Able to Obtain
|Security Clearance Type:
|US Citizenship Required:
GC&E: As the OSP Technician, you will be responsible for the O&M and support of the OSP cable requirements, including all cables designated as Government communications cable, up to and including building entrance cable, through to the termination of service or as noted on the ticket. Perform PMCS of installation telephone poles, pedestals, manholes, and handholes, and shall O&M telephone poles, manholes, handholds, outside terminals, pedestals, and splice points. Will perform bonding and grounding of termination points. Maintain, install, de-install, move, or remove (as identified on the appropriate service form) all cable, to include copper, coaxial, and fiber optic cable, associated with the ATS and all connectors, terminations, and ducts from point of demarcation to the installation point for the required service.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Inspections of Telephone poles and pedestals
- Record GPS data for Telephone pole and pedestal locations
- Repair or replace defective poles and pedestals
- Installing new or additional telephone poles
- Inspections of manholes, handholes and vaults
- Identify all cabling traveling through manholes, handholes and vaults and document via butterfly drawings with identification markers
- Repair or replacement of cable related defects within the manholes
- Ensure all cable termination specifications and tolerances comply with EIA/TIA standards
- Restoration of cable
- Inspect and maintain emergency phones
- Splice copper and fiber cables
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with Fiber & Copper Test Equipment
- CAT5e/6/7 Installation experience
- Experience with GPS collection equipment
- Fiber optic cabling installation experience
- Understanding of Plant-in-Place Drawings
It is the policy of GC&E to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We maintain a drug-free work place and pre-employment drug testing is required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position
Fax resume to 770-448-3918 or E-mail to email@example.com