Network Administrator - Fort Polk
|Position Name:||Network Administrator|
|Company:||Fort Polk, LA|
|SCA Wage Category:||Exempt|
|Employee Type:||Regular Full TIme|
|Security Clearance Status:||Active and/or Able to Obtain|
|Security Clearance Type:||Secret|
|US Citizenship Required:||Yes|
GC&E: As the Network Administrator, you will be responsible for administering networks, to include but not limited to Army Reserve Network (ARNET), Army National Guard Network (GUARDNET), Releasable (REL) SIPR, Defense Research Engineering Network (DREN), Simulations Network (SIMNET), LAN, WAN, CAN, CX-I and Army intranets within existing capability; NIPRNET, SIPRNET, unified communications and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN), Sonet and Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM).
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Implement new network operating systems hardware and software
- Manage the Installation Campus Network (ICAN)
- Report switch/circuit and trunk outages, failures, degradation and isolation
- Monitor and manage remote access servers
- Configure, implement and maintain VPNs for a dynamic site to site VPN structure
- Configure, operate, install, manage and maintain network equipment and software
- Maintain an inventory of all network hardware and software
- Monitor operation of the LAN, WAN, WLAN and VPN for correct functionality
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Computing environment certification
- CCNA (within 6 months of hire)
- Experience with DWDM/Sonet Unified Communications
- Experience with WLAN-Aruba
- TCP/IP experience
- Routing and switching experience
- Windows proficient
- MS Office Suite Proficient
It is the policy of GC&E to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by the federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
We affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
We maintain a drug-free work place and pre-employment drug testing is required.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position
Fax resume to 770-448-3918 or E-mail to email@example.com